Sunday, May 13, 2012

My 2012 Garden!



2012 Container Garden

Does my garden look a little different than expected?  Since I live in an apartment, I have to think outside the box.  All my plants were designed for containers.  This year's garden consists of three different tomato varieties, two varieties of sweet peppers, cilantro, a cucumber plant, blackberry bush, raspberry bush, and not pictured is spinach, it is upstairs on my balcony.  I am still debating on buying two blueberry bushes.

Tomato Plants:

Sweet "N" Neat Yellow:  Grows around 12" tall and produces lots of yellow cherry tomatoes.

Megabite:  Grows around 16" tall and can produce up to 60, 4" tomatoes.

Patio Hybrid:  Grows around 2' tall and produces large, red cherry tomatoes.


Tomato suckers.  To prune or not to prune?

My cucumber plant is a Salad Bush Hybrid and produces 8" cucumbers.


Pepper Plants
Left to right: Redskin Hybrid, Cactus,
and Mohawk Pepper Plant

Not quite 6" tall.

Mohawk:  Grows around 8" tall and produces 4"-5" sweet yellow peppers.
Redskin Hybrid:  Grows around 15" tall and produces 4" sweet red peppers.

I cannot wait to try my tomatoes, cucumbers, and sweet peppers!





No comments:

Post a Comment